Postpartum Doula Services
Butterfly Elements is pleased to provide postpartum doula services to the woman of Austin and it's surrounding areas. Research evidence shows that the quality services of a postpartum doula can ease the transition that comes with the addition of a baby to a family, improve parental satisfaction and reduce the risk of mood disorders. We can help nurture the mother by offering her emotional support, helping her to recover faster and find the confidence she and her partner needs to meet the challenges of a new baby throughout the first year.
Postpartum Support Includes:
- Facilitating the emotional and physical recovery from birth
- Assistance/education with infant care
- Fostering family bonding
- Breastfeeding support (referral to a lactation consultant if needed)
- Spending time with the baby so family will have time to rest
- Running errands and shopping for groceries
- Assisting in household organization
- Organizing nursery for infant care
- Preparing nutritious food
- Offering a listening, non-judgmental ear
- Phone contact as needed
Our philosophy supports the notion that there is ultimately no right way to be a parent. Our job is to guide you to find the way that best fits your family. We contribute this guidance without interference or judgment, while offering information based on our education and experience gained during several years as childcare professionals. We hope to troubleshoot and build confidence while parents learn to trust their parental instincts. As the needs of the family changes, so does the role of the doula to accommodate those needs.
Please contact us for our hourly rates and let us know if you are interested in day or overnight help.