Birth Doula Services
I will meet you in your home or a local coffee shop nearby; whatever is most comfortable or convenient for you. This is usually an hour long getting to know each other session to see if we are a good match for you as your support person. Feel free to also ask any questions you have about doulas and what we can/will do specifically for you. Please contact us today!
As your Doula, I will:
- Provide personal, attentive care and up to date information during your prenatal, labor and delivery, and postpartum periods
- Provide emotional support, reassurance and perspective to you and your partner
- Make suggestions for labor progress, help with relaxation, massage, positioning, visualization, and pain-coping techniques for comfort
Doula Package Includes:
- One free, no obligation 1 hour consultation
- At least two 1-2 hour prenatal visits so we can get to know each other so I fully understand your wants and needs for your desired birth experience
- Formally on call 24 hours a day 2 weeks prior to & after your estimated due date
- Continuous labor support at your home and/or at the hospital until 1-2 hours after delivery
- Photography upon request
- One 1-2 hour post-partum visit to provide lactation assistance and answer any new Mommy or baby questions
My Doula Philosophy
I support women and their families in the choices they make, while providing informational support, and working to maintain the sanctity of the birth space as originally intended. As your Doula, I am working for you, not your caregiver or hospital. I do not have a preconceived idea of how I think your birth should be - my role and goal is to support you in achieving the birth experience YOU desire.
The Benefits of Having a Doula
Whether you are having a planned home birth, hospital birth, or birth center birth, I will travel 20 miles from the center of Austin, TX.